A wide selection of books is available to help you learn more about the Montessori philosophy and method. We also suggest that you read at least one book by Maria Montessori.
- The Secret of Childhood
- The Absorbent Mind both contain good information.
We also recommend:
- Montessori: A Modern Approach by Paula Polk Lillard
- Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard
- Discovery of the Child gives an impression of some of the materials and activities of the Montessori primary class.
- To Educate the Human Potential and
- From Childhood to Adolescence give an impression of Montessori work at the elementary level.
- Research Behind the Genius by Angelina Lillard
If you’re already a part of our school community, you can borrow some of these books from our parent resources library, located on the first floor. A number of periodicals and websites also provide informative articles and discussions about the Montessori method and a Montessori education.
- American Montessori Society
- The Montessori Foundation
- North American Montessori teachers’ Association
- International Montessori Index of Schools & Teachers
- Association Montessori Internationale
- For Small Hands
- Montessori vs. Traditional
- Biography of Maria Montessori
Montessori Education Provides Better Outcomes than Traditional Methods, Study Indicates.