How to obtain clearances/reports:
Know that if you are applying as a volunteer you do not need to pay for the Child Abuse History or Criminal History reports. You do not need to complete the FBI fingerprint process if you have lived continuously in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years. When you submit the other clearances, you will be asked to sign an affidavit of residence in Pennsylvania.
Electronic Submission for Child Abuse History certification.
- You will create a new account in the Child Welfare Portal in order to submit your electronic application.
- The fee is payable by credit card when filed electronically.
- You will receive an email notification with your results within 14 days.
Electronic Submission for Criminal History report.
- This will yield an automatic reply as long as there is no criminal history.
- Once you receive the report, please print out the official copy (certificate form) and submit to Robyn Stearne, Head of School.
- Please note: You must print and save the certificate form once you have clicked on it. Once viewed, you will have no further access to the document.
Electronic Submission for FBI Fingerprint background check.
- Choose-PA Department of Education for the correct background check.
- Enter the code: 1KG6TR
- Schedule an appointment and provide information as needed. The closest IdentoGO Center is located at 601 South Queen Street, Lancaster, PA 17603.
- Provide Robyn Stearne your report access. Applicants must present their UEID to the school (as shown on the receipt provided after the fingerprint capture).
- Applicants will receive an unofficial copy of their report. However, the school is required to review the official CHRI online and print a file copy.