School Closing & Delay Information
Decisions about school delays, closings and early dismissals are made for the safety of the majority of students in our community. Conditions may vary from one area to another. We will communicate a closing or delay via text message and/or email by 6:30 am.
Media sites listed below will also provide closing /delay information:
Delayed School Opening Schedules
ONE HOUR DELAY
CANCELLED Early Birds
9:00 AM Middle School/UE Pod 1/EE Pod1
9:10 AM EE Pod 2/EE Pod 3/UE Pod 2
9:15 AM Primary Pod 3/Kdg. Pod 5
9:30 AM Primary Pod 2
9:35 AM Kdg. Pod 4
9:45 AM Toddler Pod 1/Primary Pod 1
TWO HOUR DELAY
10:00 AM Middle School/UE Pod 1/EE Pod1
10:10 AM EE Pod 2/EE Pod 3/UE Pod 2
10:15 AM Primary Pod 3/Kdg. Pod 5
10:30 AM Primary Pod 2
10:35 AM Kdg. Pod 4
10:45 AM Toddler Pod 1/Primary Pod 1
- All programs dismiss at their regular times.
- If conditions in your area are too hazardous, please keep your child at home.
- If afternoon conditions are deteriorating, check the media listed above.
- You will receive an email or text communicating a change in hours.
- School districts that announce early dismissal will pick up New School students according to THEIR discretion, please check with your district. Parents must call New School at 717-397-7655 if they do not want their child to ride the bus.
School may be closed for a variety of reasons including road conditions, a fluctuation in indoor temperature in the building (too cold, below 65 degrees or too warm) or any condition that causes a safety concern for our students or staff.